Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Best moment of the day ... of any day EVER.  A wonderful woman has a son with leukemia, and I don't really know her that well.  I'm not familiar with the bone marrow transplant they are saying he needs ... I admit I'm not the most up to date on medical procedures.  But she was stressed, worried, and it looked as if she was holding back tears.  Not knowing if it would help at all to offer, I simply said, "If you need people to test to find him a marrow donor please let me know.  I'm sorry if I overstep my bounds, but his health is more important than anything." 

The look on her face was worth the offer.  Now, I need to look up bone marrow transplant procedures and such and find out if I can test and it I'm a match how I go about signing up to help this boy.  Poor lil guy.  Grown ups handle pain and illness so much better.  We're equipped over a lifetime to learn to deal.  Children and animals, not only can they not fully voice the ouchies, but they don't understand the ouchies.

My thoughts are with them, struggling to get it all financially handled, her working her tail off, and her child sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment